I must warn you in advance that am no cook or baker and I am always in search for easy desert recipes since I have a major sweet tooth and this is one of them. So don’t fret that its going to be very tough to make or you wouldn’t be able to manage. This one is extremely simple to follow (you must have realized from my Instastories by now) and will wow any guest you have.
This is completely no bake so the only proper equipment you need is a fridge! Lets start with the ingredients and I’ll break the recipe into quick easy parts
For the Crumb
- 7-8 digestive biscuits
- 4-6 tsp of melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar (if you want to make it very caramel rich) or 1/2 cup of sugar for less
- 1/2 or 1/4 cup of water depending upon the sugar you put (For every 1 cup sugar=1/2 cup water is required )
- 120 ml or 1 cup of fresh cream (I used normal Amul cream and it was fine)
For Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup of grated chocolate (can be any chocolate- milk or dark)
- 120 ml or 1 cup of fresh cream
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder (optional)
- You can use anything from chopped almonds to just rock salt to fresh strawberries etc.
- My favourite would be fresh strawberries or rasberries but I had to do with chopped almonds and dried cranberries due to availability issues
Since am not a professional baker, I did a lot of adjusting on the fly and am sure you’ll do it too depending on how sweet or rich you want your tart to be. Since I didn’t have the tart or muffin moulds, I used a medium sized round tupperware plastic container and froze the tart in it.
- Crush 7-8 digestive biscuits in a food processor or in a plastic bag using a rolling pin
- Heat a spoon of butter in the microwave for 30-40 seconds or till its melted
- Mix the melted butter in the digestive biscuit powder so the mixture becomes a bit firm
- Lay the crumb evenly into the plastic container and keep it in the freezer for an hour
- Now to prepare the caramel, put ½ cup of sugar and ¼ cup of water in a pan
- Put it on heat and let the mix boil till it becomes amber brown- do not stir
- As soon as it becomes brown, remove the mix from the heat
- Add the fresh cream into this brown mix and stir till all lumps are removed
Note: The mix will boil as soon as you put cream in so please be very careful with it
- Once mixed, your caramel will be shiny and ready to be poured over the biscuit crumb
- Let the caramel set over the biscuit crumb. Put it in the freezer for 15 mins or leave it outside for 30 mins and it should be set properly
- For the chocolate ganache, heat 1 cup of fresh cream in the microwave for 1 min
- Whisk the broken chocolate pieces and cocoa powder with the cream till lumps are removed and mix is smooth
- Pour this chocolate ganache over the caramel layer and let it set in the freezer for 2 hours
- Garnish the tart with rock salt, almonds etc. You can use anything you like to cut the sweetness of the tart and infuse some acidity with fruits or crunchiness with nuts
Hope you like this super easy recipe and try it out for your family/friends or give a solo treat to yourself. Do tag us and share photos.